Tuesday, March 31, 2009

BLIM


On the weekend I went with a couple of friends to the BLIM Craft Fair at the Cambrian Hall just off Main Street.  It was a beautifully crisp sunny day, one of the first of the year, and we decided this would be a good reason to meet up for some inspirational browsing.

Yes, in fact I do find cupcakes inspiring.  Especially beautiful creations like these from Coco Cakes.  I resisted temptation, but it's only ever temporary.  I should bake some next weekend.  Can't make them this pretty though!


There were lots of vendors selling awesome jewelry.  Basement Sweet, above, had some amazing necklaces that really had me lusting.  Cool combinations of found-looking objects with feather, shells and other organic elements.

The best part about craft fairs in getting ideas for one's own crafts, right?  I always see little sewn things, art cards, jewelry, etc. and think "I could make that."  Or more accurately, "I should try to make that."  So I rarely buy things, though I know lots of people do.  It's wonderful that people support their local crafters, and I would if I had the money to.  What I will buy are things that I know I could never make: pottery, beauty products, music...

See the BLIM website at www.blim.ca for more information on these and other vendors, as well as upcoming events.

No comments:

Post a Comment