Monday, June 4, 2012

Braided Rugs in Moonrise Kingdom

Last night Karl and I went to see Moonrise Kingdom, and of course I loved it.  I know that Wes Anderson movies are not everyone's cup of tea, but I just adore being wrapped up in the sweet, elaborate world that he creates.  I can only imagine what fun it must be to work on the costumes and sets of his movies. 

In Moonrise Kingdom, I kept noticing all of the braided rugs.  They were in almost every room of the house, as well as the well-appointed tent belonging to the Khaki Scouts.  All of a sudden what was an invisible staple of every house I was ever in as a child looks like a fresh, charming decorating option!  Maybe we need a rug in our bedroom...  I'll add that to the thrifting list!



Below are just a few nice images from the webs...






No comments:

Post a Comment