Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Best of 2010, a short list. Very short.

I just watched the movie that gets my vote for best of 2010! It's creepy and intense, gives a look inside a rarely seen world, has amazing costumes and sets, and stars an amazing actress. No, not Black Swan. Winter's Bone. So good. It's set deep in the Ozark mountains, amidst drug labs, questionable family ties and bad dental hygiene, and it's totally absorbing. It was one of those movies that I was so drawn into and I didn't want it to end, even though it was unsettling and depressing. I couldn't get enough of the sets; they must have been real people's homes, and if you look it up on IMDB almost all of the actors have no info, they are totally authentic. The main actress in it is Jennifer Lawrence, and you probably haven't seen her before, but she is excellent. If there's any justice in Hollywood, she'll at least get some award nominations.



No comments:

Post a Comment