Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sketchbook Show

Remember I said that I was resolving to do more drawing? Well, I got a book called Picture This by Lynda Barry for Christmas and it's so inspiring. You might know her Marlys comics, and this is an illustrated book, but it's about how everyone can draw and how important it is, and how good it is for your creativity to draw, even if it's just little doodles. It's a good philosophy for me: sometimes I do worry that it's a waste of time or a waste of paper if I'm not really creating a great work of art. But I've felt very inspired to sit down almost every day, even if it's just for half an hour, and play around with paints or pens or a pencil. I don't think about it too much, just see where it goes; it's very relaxing and it feels great to be filling up an old sketchbook. These are just a few of my little doodles:








No comments:

Post a Comment