Friday, November 6, 2009

Holy Granola

The bottom of the granola jar - time to make more!

Sometimes I feel like I won't shut up about how much I love my granola, and if that's the case, I'm sorry. But if you want to try making your own, here's my basic recipe. Just customize it with your favorite dried fruit, nuts etc. This makes at least a weeks worth for me.

Dry ingredients: 6 cups old fashioned regular whole oats
1/2 cup each wheat bran, wheat germ, oat bran, unsweetened flaked coconut, raisins
1/3 cup each flaxseed, sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts

Combine all dry ing. in a large roasting pan or oven safe baking dish.

Wet ingredients: 1/3 cup each honey, natural peanut butter, vegetable oil, water
1 TBS vanilla

Melt all wet ing. together in a bowl or 2 cup measuring cup, stir to blend. Pour over dry ing. and stir well until all combined, and starting to make little granola clusters. Bake at 220 degrees for 3 hours, stirring every half hour. Let it cool, then store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment