Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cheap Thrills

I have kind of a love/hate relationship with Superstore. We did our grocery shopping there for a couple of years and hated it. It was cheap and close, but hellish. The only good that came out of it was discovering that they make the first brand of multivitamins that I've tried that don't make me throw up. So every 100 days or so I have to go there to buy vitamins, and I usually go on an evening that I feel like doing a little browsing. I often come home with socks, moisturizer, gym clothes or some other cheap impulse buy.

The Joe Fresh clothing line hasn't been doing it for me recently, but the makeup is fun. And it's so cheap that if I feel like trying matte berry lipstick and lavender eyeshadow, for a total cost of $10, I'll take a chance on it. They have a good selection of matte lipsticks, which not many lines do. I'm not sure if this colour is flattering on me, but I'm not sure I care either. The dark colour scares me a little, mostly because I feel like it requires a certain degree of carefulness, which I don't possess. The eyeshadow is a bit paler than I thought, but maybe it will look good with a darker liner.




4 comments:

  1. high five for being pale and rocking dark lipstick, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, I think the lips look great! Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - you look kinda like Bjork in that last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, I love it! I love the pale lavender on your eyes with the dark lashes, and I love that lipstick! You look great!

    ReplyDelete