Friday, November 4, 2011

sip


This time of year I really look forward to a cup of tea.  I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but a cup of tea with cream in the morning warms me up and somehow mentally gets me going for the day.  Last week we went to a little dinner party at friends' house and after we ate our hostess was making some mint tea and mentioned that she had splurged on a bunch of new varieties of tea.  We agreed that it was a wonderful luxury to look at a vast array of teas to choose from.  Then one of the guys spoke up that he felt just the opposite; for him the luxury was having only two choices - streamlined and easy.  It kind of spun my head around to hear that.  I know that the simplicity theory goes for clothing as well.  A well edited wardrobe of a few favourite pieces that are at your fingertips every morning...  Sounds nice, but it's not me. I like choices and the freedom to decide based on my mood, whether I'm feeling spicy chai or soothing chamomile, chunky knits or flowing layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment