Thursday, March 31, 2011

A purchase or two?

No, I haven't made any purchases yet, but I've been thinking pretty seriously about a couple of spring essentials. Shockingly, I don't have a pair of cute, colourful summer sandals, and I think I need some to wear to a couple of weddings this summer. Honestly, I went through every shoe I own, and I just don't think any of them will do. Believe me, I'd sleep better at night if I didn't have to shell out $69 for these wedges by Roberto Vianni, but I can't very well wear the wrong shoes to a classy wedding, can I? And I can't imagine finding a pair I like better at a cheaper price. Value Village just won't do, I fear.

Also on the shopping list: a pair of powder-blue jeans for $29 at Joe Fresh, and maybe a bright t-shirt. T-shirts at the thrift store just aren't working for me. Faded or pilled, and for five bucks I'd rather just splurge and get a new one for $8 at Superstore, you know? My light cardigan has seen better days, and has a few too many holes to be considered presentable for work, so it might have to be replaced. My budget is about $110 (well, actually it's zero, but I'm getting pretty antsy), so I'll see what I can do. My big dilemma is whether or not to wait a month or six weeks to see if the sandals go on sale? But what if they don't and I miss out on six weeks of open-toed fun? Or what if they sell out? Bah, I know I'm silly to have such shallow concerns, but when money is tight, these little luxuries take on a big significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment