Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Best Four Days of the Summer, Part Two

So while I was chillaxin' with my book and a lemonade in the hammock, Karl and my dad built a garage. Or did the first few big steps of building it. I helped for several minute, just long enough to figure out just how hot and sweaty it was and how very weak I am.


We arrived home Monday night to a garden full of vegetables. We have to eat so many just to stay ahead of them. Please come visit me and take some! Everything below came from the garden - my best broccoli yet I think.

And... my first foray into canning. We eat a lot of pickles and I've been spoiled by the ones my mom makes, but I feel a little parasitic taking a bunch of jars home with me whenever we visit. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and put the excess cukes to use. They look good, and I think I did it right, so we'll see in a month!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh man do I wanna can veggies!! That just looks so amazing! We should do it together sometime and you can help me ;). I love doing pickled yellow beans. Well, anything pickled is fine by me.

    ReplyDelete