Monday, December 21, 2009

Decked Part 2: Martha meets MacGyver


I lost my Christmas mojo for a while there, but I brought it back today. I've always liked making wreaths, but I was kind of lazy this year because I couldn't find the wire frame I usually use, and our yard has no traditional evergreen wreath materials. Other years we've borrowed some from nature and the nearby lanes, but this year I decided to do a non-traditional wreath of bamboo. I wrapped it around with weed vines from the front yard and decorated it with some dried out hops buds, which are totally beautiful with their little dusting of yellow pollen.

2 comments:

  1. lovely! this inspires me to try making something unconventional like this next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. looks good against the orange door.

    ReplyDelete