Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Subliminal Osmosis

I'm a big fan of Le Blog de Betty. She's got amazing taste, she lives in Paris, has a wardrobe that makes me drool, and is stunning. I'm a little jealous of her ability to work the sequins, cuffs, bangs and boots, always with her own twist.



So the other day I glanced in the mirror at work and thought my outfit was a little bit Betty. OK, I'm not delusional - it was just a hint of a feeling. Something about the mix of sequins, the silver and black... I've got a bit of a ways to go on the rest of her assets.

I liked it with the silver and black platforms as well as the boots.


I guess one of the fun things about reading fashion blogs whenever I've got a free moment at work or the Canucks are losing a hockey game is that all of these creative influences sneak in to my brain. I'd never consciously work at recreating someones style, but I love seeing how all these amazing women express themselves, and I guess it makes me a little more confident to try a more diverse range of looks.

1 comment:

  1. ooo, I love this too!! You're lookin' good, mama!

    ReplyDelete