Monday, June 1, 2009

You like to shop?

Me too.  If I was rich and shopped online I'd do lots of it here, at Not Just A Label.  It's an online shop based in London and they feature one-off and limited edition pieces by recent fashion grads and emerging designers.  I love that each garment is accompanied by a description by the designer that explains the inspiration or idea behind their work.  I think that human connection is missing in so much of what we consume.







I also think it's great for these designers to have a showcase that really respects their talent and values the work that they do.  So often designers have to practically give their clothes away until they have established a name for themselves, and NJAL seems to represent the designers really well.  I'd recommend just checking it out for some avant garde inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Hayy thanks for stopped by my blog. As far as I know there are so Targets in BC =( But yeah there is one in bellingham (Bellis Fair!)
    I like your metallic jacket btw =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some lovely pieces, I am sure I would shop a lot differently if I had the funds too.

    ReplyDelete