Monday, May 11, 2009

Not too shabby

I do have to thank the fashion gods when an item which is so easy to DIY becomes ultra-trendy.  Perfect example: these Balmain jeans, which have everyone and their grandmother reaching for the bleach to re-create.  And who am I to deny...

I decided not to do the ripping and slashing that many folks are.  I might do that later, but I think I'll wait until I get bored of them as they are.  So I bought two pairs of jeans at Value Village (usually a chore, but I just buckled down and tried on like fifteen pairs).  They were both $7.99, so not a huge investment.  These first ones are American Eagle, and already had kind of a bleached detail on the back pocket.  However, there were no back view shots that I was not very displeased with...

These ones are Dish, with a slightly looser leg.  It's hard to see with the shadows and light, but some of the bleaching on the back turned out really well.


I'd say it was a pretty successful venture.  Maybe I'll cop a Lily Donaldson and wear them with big shoulders like in the Balmain show.  Do you guys like one pair better than the other?

2 comments:

  1. hey! great job on the DIY tie-dye. I like the texture/hue of the second pair better.

    Thanks for the quinoa tip. I just moved back to Van after being in Ontario for 6 years and finally have to do grocery shopping here (I was in highschool when I left and had wonderful parents who did it then, *sigh la vie d'un adulte)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I thought I already posted my comment... perhaps only in my mind! I like the first pair better because they look like they have a little more 'structure' to them, if that makes any sense at all. But I like them both. Good Bleachin'!

    ReplyDelete