Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lofty Aspirations

Who hasn't fantasized about living in a tree house? I know I did as a kid, and I still do. Just something about being hidden up there in the canopy, swaying in the breeze, feeling a little like a castaway in your own little world. I guess if you're afraid of heights, this isn't the fantasy for you, but I quite like the idea of climbing up a ladder and being up above the world. We had a tree fort when we were little, but not an elaborate tree house. It got the green shag carpeting that got torn out of my brother's room, and that did not age well in the damp climate of Quadra Island. Also, my dad is very handy, but not a master carpenter, and we had lots of fun bouncing up and down on the unsupported floor boards. Eventually, the abandoned chicken coop became a safer and more complete "house" for our childhood games.


1 comment:

  1. I want a tree house so bad! Build me one Alison! In your backyard! I bet Karl could build one no problem.

    ReplyDelete