Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vienna



Karl and I had been pondering the idea of a European honeymoon for a couple of years, and what finally got my butt in gear to start planning it was a book on Wien Werkstatte, an arts and crafts movement in Vienna around the turn of the century. It was all so exciting I decided I just had to see it in person. The images above are some textile designs and some pieces by my favorite artist from that period, Kolomon Moser. I was totally giddy when we saw them up close and personal, and so thankful that Karl supports my need to do stuff like that.




The picture to the right is Karl on a big funny bench in the Museumsquartier. Can you see the graffiti of a beer can going "pschhhh" beside him? Some thing are so appropriately the same in every language.

These are just a few of my very favorite pictures we took in Vienna. We both LOVED it there!

No comments:

Post a Comment